-
October 27th, 2000, 04:28 PM
#31
Inactive Member
Wow batoutahell, That is an extremely large drop in horsepower, i didn't have that much, it may be more than just the richness of the engine. The resistor will help yes, but something else is wrong.. Couldn't tell you what. I've emailed my tuner, and called but he wasn't there, so when he gets back to me, i'll be glad to share the resistor trick,
if anyone else knows please help rboosted, and batoutahell, and whoever else is having problems with the top end.
-
October 27th, 2000, 07:34 PM
#32
-
October 27th, 2000, 10:44 PM
#33
Inactive Member
this is my first one, this is the kind of dip i'm referring too, This was stock except for charger, and aem CAI, msd6btm... notice around 7k, it drops, then trys to come back up, if that wasn't there, i would definetly of hit 200HP or damn close, this run was 189whp
-
October 28th, 2000, 03:05 AM
#34
Inactive Member
lundgren - my record is 2.3 hours; 2 hours sounds about right under your right foot.
I try to stay in double-digits b/c even I can't fix 100+ mph tickets.
-
October 28th, 2000, 03:11 AM
#35
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98 ITR-SC:
Vapor Trail:
The Type R in SCC is runnin an 11lb pully. You guys put it on, please dont mislead the people who are having trouble much like the JR web site is doing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I beg to differ. If that car is running 11lbs, it wasn't when it was dyno'd, and I know for a fact we didn't install a pulley because he did everything on that car himself, sans the tuning. I assure you that if he was running 11lbs, he'd need the J&S, and most likely some new pistons and rods, and he'd absolutely be putting down more than 235hp!
Please don't jump to conclusions, especially when you apparently don't know what you are talking about.
------------------
-JG-
00 Honda S2000
88 Honda CRX (1.8 DOHC VTEC)
www.vapor-trail.net
-
October 28th, 2000, 03:23 AM
#36
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rboosted717:
Lol, vapor trail. Your talking about Scotts car, and whats his names car. FYI, Scott is running 7psi not 8psi. He also has a blown piston ring after talking to him last, and is planing a rebuild. The other was said to have like 10psi not 6psi according to Scott. I don't doubt your numbers at all. In fact I'm the one who tried some of yours and Scotts tricks. They do work.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well first of all, I was not even talking about Scott's car at all. If I was talking about him, I'd say it was Scott's car because I've been on this board for close to a year, lurking, and I know he's here. I'm sorry to hear of Scott's misfortunes, however. I wish him luck in the rebuild and in his future endeavors.
Secondly, Blake Fuller's car was not running 10, 11, or anything higher than 6 psi when it was dyno'd at my facility. After that I don't know, but in my experience any Honda motor with a domed piston really doesn't like more than 9psi, so for Blake to be running that amount of boost is hard for me to grasp. I do know that he had a custom pulley for 6psi, but that's all I knew of. I have no idea why or how these rumors and accusations start, jealousy or misinformation I suppose
who knows. You all know how rumors get completely turned around.
Finally, out of curiousity, what tricks have escaped my shop
Just curious.
------------------
-JG-
00 Honda S2000
88 Honda CRX (1.8 DOHC VTEC)
www.vapor-trail.net
-
October 28th, 2000, 12:28 PM
#37
Inactive Member
Hats off to Lundgren
He let me swing by on about an hour's notice last night to compare his early dyno runs and to tweak my car a bit. It turns out that, although the guy at the dyno shop appeared to have tightened the belt tensioner between my first and second runs, the main belt was still a little loose, and Lund dropped the fuel pressure a smidge. Now, I don't profess to be able to quantify marginal torque gains above 7000rpm by the seat of my pants, but the car seems to pull a little bit longer into high rpm's now. Before, the car would seem to peter out a bit in high rpm. I'll try to make it back to the dyno next week. If this didn't solve my problem, I'll make plans to dyno with a wideband O2 in Omaha.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks